Eleanor walked into her own bedroom, expecting to see Mia dressed and ready. They had booked a session with a white witch, hoping she could work out what had happened and find a way to swap them back. But, to Eleanor’s annoyance, she found Mia still in her pyjamas, lying on the bed and looking far too relaxed.
“Why are you not dressed? We’re going to miss our session,” said Eleanor, watching her own body stretch out on the bed.
“Why bother going? She won’t be able to do anything. All the white witch stuff is a load of crap. Plus, I have to be honest, why the rush to swap back? I feel very confident in your body.”
Mia ran a hand over Eleanor’s body.
Eleanor was not sure what was going on with Mia.
“Mia, I love you. You’re my best friend, but I do not want to stay in your body. I have things I want to achieve in my life and things I have already achieved that will allow me to achieve even more. So get dressed, and let’s find a way to swap back.”
She opened her wardrobe and threw some clothes at Mia.
“No!” said Mia, kicking the clothes off the bed with her feet.
Eleanor looked at her in shock.
“No?” she replied, looking questioningly at her friend.
“This body feels right to me. Yeah, at first it felt strange, but as the days have gone by, I’ve realised that this body feels so natural, so right.”
Mia got up and walked towards the mirror, continuing to talk.
“When I look in the mirror, I don’t see you. I see me! So I won’t be going to your appointment, and I won’t be switching back.”
Eleanor was shocked, lost for words. As Mia walked towards her, Eleanor backed away. She was scared of her best friend, the same best friend who was now stealing her life.
Eleanor backed out of the room, unable to think of anything else to say.
Mia gave her one last smile before closing the door to her new room.
No comments:
Post a Comment